Advanced Drone Pilot Certificate
A complete program including Ground School, in-person Flight Training and Flight Review to received Transport Canada’s Advanced Drone Pilot Certificate. This program is designed for working professionals to understand the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of drone operations.
Drone rental (DJI Phantom 4 Pro) is included for flight training and review.
Students are required to be capable of verbal communication in English.
Online Ground School Advanced
In-Person Flight Training
In-Person Flight Review
Ground School: 20 Hours (Online Learning)
Flight Training and Review: 8 Hours (1 Day in-person)
Access Duration: Your have 120 Days to complete the program
Online and In-person Learning
AlteX Flight Field
Professional Drone Pilots
Precision Survey Workshop or Customized Training
- What is Drone Pilot Certificate? Transport Canada released new regulations on Jan 9, 2019, which replaces SFOC with a Drone Pilot Certificate. Similar to driver's license, a drone pilot must pass an online written exam (through Transport Canada website), and an in-person flight review (through a training facility).
- What does Ground School teach? Ground School is a prep course for Transport Canada's online advanced pilot exam.
- What does flight training teach? Using DJI Phantom 4 Pro, flight school is an 7-hour prep course for Flight Review. Training includes a focus on survey and industrial flight operations.
- What does Flight Review entail? Flight Review is an 1-hour flight test where the pilot is required to complete a drone flight to demonstrate their ability to fly safely.
- Does student need to bring a drone for training and testing? No. DJI Phantom 4 Pro is included for training and testing day.
- Where is flight training and testing located? In Markham, Ontario. We are adding new locations in Hamilton and King City area in Spring 2019.